With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Btrada Woman Fashion Rhinestones Chains Sandals Gladiator Flat Sandals Female Summer Open Toe Flat Sandals
- Pleaser Women's Delight-695 BNB M Platform Sandal
- Women Leather Knight Boots 2018 Autumn Winter Low-Heel Fashion Knee Boots
- Steve Madden Womens Torrent Rain Boot
- Nike Men's Hypervenom Phade FG Soccer Cleat
- Nike Men's Trail Ultrafast Flyknit Running shoes
- Nike AIR Force 1 Low Retro PRM QS Mens Fashion-Sneakers AO1635
- Cole Haan Womens Piercesam Closed Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots
- SCSY-Oxford shoes Simple Formal Men's Business Oxfords PU Leather Block Heel Soft Sole Flats
- Men's shoes Feifei Winter Leisure Keep Warm Plate shoes 3 colors (color 01, Size EU42 UK8.5 CN43)
- Clarks Nathan Limit Nubuck shoes in
- Regatta Men's Limite Low Walking shoes
- Alloy Sparkle Fabric Naturalizer Natalie Pumps
- WXMDDN Women's Latin Dance shoes gold Dance shoes in Adults with high-Heeled Dance shoes
- NIKE Ultra Comfort Slide Mens
- Jasinwins womens roman sandals Summer Women Fur Slippers Real Fox Fur Slides Flat Fluffy Plush shoes Women Room Slipper Cute Furry
- RizaBina Women Wedge Boots Pull On
- Dockers by Gerli Women's 40aa214-610650 Trainers, 6.5
- Proxy Womens Julia Pointed Toe Slingback Classic Pumps
- Nine West Womens Sharolotta Fabric Sneaker
- Whale Party Supplies Women‘s Casual shoes Slip-On Classic Cute Comfortable
- ABSOLUTE FOOTWEAR Ladies Womens Suede Sheepskin Moccasins Slippers with Rubber Sole - Navy - 8 US
- Hoxekle Woman Fashion Ankle Boots Lace Up Round Toe High Chunky Heel Thick Platform Antislip PU Outdoor Martin Boots
- T-JULY Women's Mid Calf Boots for Women in Spring Autumn Winter High Heels Boots Fashion Contracted Platform shoes
- Andy Pansy Wedge Mother's shoes Leather Anti-Slip Soft Soles for Women in The Middle of The top Layer of Cowhide Round Buttons
- Asics Gel-Lyte V G-TX Running shoes
- B.O.C... - Mens - Lando
- Skechers 12977 Women's D'Lites 2 - One Piece Sneakers US M
- Sandgrens Swedish High Rise Wooden Heel Clog Sandals for Women Rio Grande High Rise
- MIU MIU Women's Suede Leather Flip Flop shoes
- Black Pu-w RF ROOM OF FASHION Women's Western Pointy Toe Low Chunky Heel Back Zip Slim Fit Ankle Booties
- Spring metal pointy high heels Chunky heels sexy shoes Work shoes
- WARM SHOES NG05 GEARS S3 - Black 38
- Hetai for Men Flexible Bendable Penny Driving Loafer Microfiber Leather Lightweight Antislip Boat shoes
- Chengzuoqing Men's Flip Flops Men Flip Flop Light Non-slip Outdoor Casual Personality Flip Flops Beach Slippers Suitable For Both Water And Land Beach Flip Flops (Size 7UK)
- Adidas - ZX Flux W - B35310 - color Black - Size 4.5 UK
- Brown Men's Breathable Driving Loafer Flat Heel Crocodile Skin Texure Wave Sole Moccasins shoes
- Chaqlin 3D Printing shoes Lace Up Women Lady Daily Walking Flats US9
- Jessica Simpson Womens Nicka Ballet Flat
- Rongzhi Womens Ankle Boots Kitten Heels Pumps Stilettos Buckle Zip Formal Dress Pointed Toe Booties
- Crazy for Bargains Bunny Slippers for Women
- VenusCelia Women's Champion Original Canvas Sneaker
- Les P'tites Bombes Women’s Adeline Trainers
- Converse Womens Chuck Taylor All Star Woven High Top Sneaker
- Hoxekle Women Knee-High Boots Med Heels Bow Plus Size Causal Black White Thin Heels Patchwork Slip-on Boot
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.