With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Women's Autumn Winter Retro Block Chunky Heel Ankle Boots Side Zipper Strap Buckle Knight Boots
- Women's shoes PU Spring Fall Comfort Novelty Sandals Chunky Heel Open Toe Rhinestone Buckle for Wedding Party & Evening
- Lacoste Womens Lt Fit 118 2 SPW Sneaker
- Cat by Caterpillar Wedge Faux Fur Womens Boots
- Ms. Extreme High Fashion Peek shoes Handmade Sandals Wedding Bride High Heels Evening Dress Slim Foot Slip On shoesXIAOQI
- Dune London Women's Porta Boot
- Ecco Cool Kids shoes Black
- Zoe Women's NEVADA01T Brown Canvas Ankle Boots
- IWGR Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Casual Pure color Pointed Toe British Style High Top Boot Fashion Slipper
- LOVDRAM Boots Men's Winter Mid-shoes Men'S Casual Martin Boots Autumn Business Versatile High-Top shoes
- FuweiEncore 2018 Men Oxford Business Real Leather Splice Upper Slip-on Elevator shoes, 2 (6cm) Taller Removable Height Increase Insole (color Black, Size 44 EU) (color Brown, Size 41 EU)
- Florsheim Men's Unify Plain Toe Oxford
- Cblack Red Green Adidas Adilette
- Isabelvictoria 6 PCS Set Women Handbag Single Shoulder Bag Messenger Hobo Satchel Purse Wallet Tote Fashionable Composite Bag for Gift
- Nike Women's EXP-X 14 Running shoes 8.5 Green
- BalaMasa Womens High-Heels Slip-Resistant Pointed-Toe Frosted Pumps-shoes
- Maizun Mens Winter Snow Boots Warm Outdoor Ankle Booties Fur Lined Walking shoes Anti-Slip Trekking Boot
- CAMEL CROWN Womens shoes Casual Lightweight Breathable Non Slip Running Walking shoes
- MEIZOKEN Women Slippers Summer Outside Style White color Slip on Pearls Beaches flip Flops
- AN Womens Chunky Heels Lace Metal Buckles Imitated Suede Boots DKU02504
- AdeeSu Womens Ballroom No-Closure Spikes Stilettos Urethane Boots SXC02431
- PUMA Women's Suede Tssl Wn Brown
- AmoonyFashion Women's PU Buckle Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Sandals
- Woman Suede Sheepskin Pointed Toe Heel Stilettos
- Nineseven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Low Heel Handmade Slip On Comfort Women Pumps
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Cody Sneaker
- Nike Men's Trout 3 Pro MCS Baseball Cleat
- CALTO Men's Invisible Height Increasing Elevator shoes - Black Premium Leather Lightweight Slip-on Formal Loafers - Y3116-3 Inches Taller
- Base London Mens Trench Leather shoes
- Skechers Sport Women's Breathe Easy Faithful Fashion Sneaker
- Granite Azzura Snake Print Leather Vince Women's Blair 5 Fashion Sneaker
- LINYI Womens Ladies High Heel Fashion Catwalk Stiletto Heels Sandals Party
- Men's shoes Driving shoes Casual Loafers Non-Slip Light-Weight Soft Comfortable Walking shoes,Brown,38
- Yxwxz Gym wear for men Men's low waist hiking shoes, waterproof and breathable hiking shoes, non-slip lightweight shoes, outdoor climbing and running on cloud running shoes (Size 43)
- Bosch Professional Safety shoes S1P WRSH S1P Colour Red Black Size EU 40 6 Uk
- Daniel Bargoed Tan Leather Perforated Loafer
- Brown Fuxitoggo Men Flat Heel Ankle Boots Side Zip Decoration Suede Vamp Solid color shoes (color Brown, Size 39 EU) (color grey, Size 43 EU)
- GreatGiftList Women Fashion Peep Toe Platform Pumps High Heels Slingback Office shoes with Strappy
- Btrada Women Summer Cross Strap Flat Sandals Zip Roman Dress Sandals
- Jeffrey Campbell Jcprollick3vel, Women’s Low Trainers
- Starbay Women's Braided Flip Flops Great for Summer Beach Or Casual Everyday
- Gjsonmv Womens Daisy Flower mesh Casual shoes lightweighttrack Sneakers
- KEEN Womens Dauntless Flip Hiking shoes
- Sam Carle Women Boots, Fashion Lace Up Lattice Round Toe Thick Heel Ankle Martin Boots
- Gnarly Tees Women's Rowing shoes High Top
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.