With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Clear Women's PVC Transparent Sandals Women's shoes High-Heeled Fish Mouth After The Belt with No Lining Fashion Sandals(Heel Height 11-13cm)
- PARTyu Women's Summer Artificial PU Casual Cushioning Low Heel Sandals
- LifeStride Womens Peace Dress Pump
- bluee Eiffel Tower Paris and Daisy Plant Womens Casual Sneakers shoes Low Top Fashion Running shoes for Woman
- 1TO9 Womens Square-Toe Low-Cut Uppers No-Closure Suede Flats shoes
- Super explosion Fashion Women's Short Ankle Rain Boots Waterproof Rubber Bullock Style Velvet Chelsea Booties
- Z.L.F Men's Oxfords shoes Flat Heel Lace Up PU Leather Leisure Tooling Business Formal shoes
- SHOES Men'S Plus Velvet Cotton, Suede Non-Slip Rubber Outdoor Snow Boots, Waterproof Men'S Short Boots
- New Balance Men's Mx20v6 Minimus Cross Trainer
- Women Summer 11.5cm High Heels Sandals Lady Sexy Open Toe Zip Pumps Female Dress Sandals Stiletto
- Indulge Heartthentic FLO-01 Women Satin Open Toe Bow Tie Footbed Slide HC00
- AIWEIYi Womesn Open Toe Weave Patch color Wedges Gladiator Sandals bluee
- T-JULY Sandals for Women Sweet Flowers Flip Flops Wedges Platform Beach Slippers
- Winter Snow Boots Platform Leather Hidden Heel Boot for Women Zipper Round Toe Lace Up Female shoes
- Women's Onex, Mahalo High Heel Wedge Sandals
- Wedopus MW1361 Rhinestones Wedding Peep Toe Women Ballet Flats Buckle Satin Bridal shoes
- Wander G Men's Running Sneakers Ultra Lightweight Flyknit shoes Breathable Fashion Casual Athletic shoes for Walking
- Grinders Vintage Mens Women Unisex Leather Designer Look Derby Punk Boots - Stag CS
- Yosi Samra Women's Madison Stud Sand Flat
- Naot Glacier Scandinavian Men Clogs and Mules shoes
- LXJL Men's Outdoor Sports Sandals - Hiking Leather Sandals Open Toe Flats Summer Water Beach Slippers,Brown,38
- Lacoste Men's Joggeur Fashion Sneaker
- Nike Men's Tanjun Fitness shoes
- Adidas Adizero 5 Star 3.0 Mid Mens Football Cleats
- Bottle Green Velvet BCBGeneration Womens Alexa Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- BalaMasa Womens Platforms-Sandals Dress Huarache Urethane Platforms Sandals ASL05007
- Pit4tk Summer Women Slippers Flat Sandals shoes Beach shoes Flip Flops Women Leather Mules
- Rieker black, (black granit ) 53778-00
- AN Womens Non-Marking Fringed Fashion Urethane Sandals DIU00949
- Nike Metcon Dsx Flyknit 2 Mens 924423-045 Size 7.5
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag colorful Mermaid Fish Scale Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Skechers Omne Back Shine Womens Sneakers
- Handbag Lady Bag Small Square Bag Fashionable Single Shoulder Bag Inclined Straddle Bag
- GIY Women Pu Leather Ankle Boots Waterproof Fashion Chunky High Heel Winter Pointed Toe Motorcycle Boots
- PUMA Women's Basket Heart Oceanaire WN's Trainers
- Smiry Women's Short Rain Boots Waterproof Anti Slip Rubber Ankle Chelsea Booties B38 Black
- Tony Hawk Men's Thedgered Sneakers Canvas shoes, Red
- Saucony Men's Havok XC2 Athletic shoes
- Stacy Adams Men's Aiden Oxford
- L@YC Women Flat Down Slope with Sandals Summer Leather Thick Casual High Heel Waterproof Platform
- Cole Haan Womens W02539 Closed Toe Loafers
- Bettye Muller Womens Agatha Pump
- Rieker Men's 36062 Chelsea Boots
- ASICS Gel-Excite 5 Mens Running shoes
- Fuxitoggo Men's 2018 Mocassini loafers for moccasins, simple boat moccasas made of genuine retro leather (Hollow Opion) 39 EU Dark Brown (color Hollow Dark Brown, Size 44 EU)
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.