With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- - BLACKYAK YAK-405D - Boa Closure System Steel Composite Toe Safety Water Proof Construction Working Comfortable Lightweight Combat Work Boots shoes for Men & Women
- CHALi99 Female's Lightweight Mesh shoes Summer Tropical Floral Hawaiian Forest Sneakers Athletic Soft Sole
- BeautyOriginal Women's Platform Tennis Comfortable High Heel Wedges Lightweight Fitness Walking Sneakers shoes
- Tropical Summer Flowers Womens Latest Canvas Deck shoes Low Top Cool Basketball shoes For Woman
- AmoonyFashion Women's High-Heels Solid Pull-on Soft Material Closed Round Toe Pumps-shoes
- Minishion Women's Peep Toe Two Tone Lace Satin Bridal Wedding Evening Sandals
- Emporio Armani - Tongs Armani jeans A656138 blue - 5P488 211516 blue - 46 , blue
- Men's shoes Feifei Spring and Autumn Leisure Tide shoes 5 colors (color 03, Size EU44 UK10 CN46)
- Josef Seibel Men's Aden Slip On
- Spring Fall Ms Women's Pointed Toe Ankle Strap Pumps Low Kitten Mid Heel Work Pumps Strap Court shoes Party Dress High Heel Sandals 65mm
- AmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Cow Leather Pointed-Toe High-Heels Solid Sandals
- GIY Womens Block Heel Ankle Boots Piont Toe Side Zipper Slip on Casual Ladies Walking Short Bootie
- Sanuk Womens Yoga Bliss Metallic Flip Flop
- WeiPoot Women's Blend Materials Low-Top Solid Zipper Kitten-Heels Boots, EGHXH114308
- Milwaukee Leather Men's 11 Classic Engineer Boot w Climate Control Insole (Size 9)
- Not Rated Women's Midas Ankle Bootie
- VANGELO Men's Tuxedo shoes TUX-1 Wrinkle Free Dress shoes Formal Oxford White Patent 16W
- ANDIA FORA Boots Womens Black
- Think Women Sandals Traudi grey, (VULCANO KOMBI) 2-82579-21
- Hades shoes H-Raven Ankle boot with Chrome plated multi-piece spinal heel.
- Men's shoes Breathable Casual Running shoes Mesh Sneakers Lightweight Non-Slip Sports shoes
- GLTER Men 'S Sports shoes Elastic Cloth Offset Printing shoes Casual Anti - Skid Breathable shoes Running shoes
- Puma Men's Ignite Dual Netfit Sneaker
- Jack Wolfskin Men's Traction Texapore Low Rise Hiking Boots
- Cognac Frye Women's Melissa Seam Tall Riding Boot
- Lucksender Womens Cute Bow High Stiletto Heel Pumps shoes
- Thin High Heel shoes Sandals Metal color Simple All-match silver 40
- Ailj Women's Summer Sandals, Large Flat Slippers Pearl Female Sandals Open Toe Beach shoes Beige
- Women's Baby Bear Rainbow Fashion Casual Canvas Slip on shoes colorful Cycling Sneakers
- Santoni Men's Toft-6 Casual shoes Navy
- YooPrettyz Double Strap Sandal Crystal Stud Slid Wedding Prom Party Sandal Rhinestone Low Heels
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Elegant Sandals Stiletto Pointed Toe Female Casual Pumps shoes
- KAOKAOO Women's Studded Retro Martin shoes Reversible Cross-Tied High Heel Boots
- Pleaser Womens RADIANT-708BHG C S Sandals
- WeiPoot Women's PU Buckle Closed-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals
- Grandprix Originals Gulf Sneakers Ladies Cream UK 6 EU 39
- Mona flying Womens Leather Flat Oxfords shoes for Women Perforated Lace-up Wingtip Vintage Brogues shoes,7.5 B(M) US,bluee
- Clarks Women's Emslie Warren Pumps
- Nature Breeze Women's Sexy Fashion Comfortable Star Studs Ballet Oxfords Loafers Slip On Sandal Lady shoes, Zebra, 8.5
- Hush Puppies Mens Max Hanston Classic Lace Up Dress shoes Black Size UK 12 EU 47
- Reebok Crossfit Nano 7 Women's Training shoes - SS17
- Inov-8 Women's F-Lite 235 V2 Ultimate Training shoes - Purple Coral - 000600-PLCO-S-01
- Diadora Men's M.Winner Rb R Tf Footbal shoes
- Adidas Originals Men's Predator 18.4 Firm Ground Soccer shoes
- OPPP Water shoes Outdoor beach shoes summer large size swimming shoes outdoor beach diving wading black 37
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.