With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Converse CTAS Hi Black Black Black, Unisex Adults’ Hi-Top Trainers
- Goody Goody Slipper, Kaleidoscope Stripe
- Indian Wholesale 50 pc lot Bulk Mandala Ombre Hippie Assorted Bag Tribal Boho Shoulder & Handbag Ethnic Cotton Messenger Carry Bag With Shoulder Strap Tote Purse For Ladies by Craft Place CAD-64
- 2018 Men's Casual shoes Flat Loafers Fashion Slip On Driving shoes Wedding Casual Party & Evening Outdoor Office YAN
- JOUSEN Men's Chukka Boots Casual Leather High Top Boot
- Adidas Barricade 8+ Mens Tennis shoes Green
- Algemare Women's Leather Clogs & Mules
- VISCATA Handmade in Spain Marquesa Suede 3.25 Wedge Pump, Slip-on, Closed Toe, Espadrilles Heel
- THE NORTH FACE Ultra Cardiac Ii
- LIJUN Men's Snow Boots Winter Casual Leather Faux Fur shoes Keep Warm Hiking Work Booties
- Fashion Wild British Men's shoes Comfortable Casual Business Breathable Leather shoes
- Pointed shoes, Men's shoes, Handmade shoes Casual shoes, Men's Business, Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 42)
- Black Leather Clarks Women's Addiy Zora Ankle Boot
- Ellie 8401 4 Heel B Width Pump Women's Sandal with Ankle Strap, RED, 14 Size
- Dilize Men's Round Toe Lace up Business Leisure shoes
- HCHBE& high Heels Womens Sexy Peep Toe Pumps Platform shoes White Black Pink Wedding
- Optimal Women Rivet Bow Office High Heels shoes
- Bamboo Living-21S Women's Floral Embroidered Boot
- WeiPoot Women's Round-Toe Low-Heels PU Solid Pull-On Sandals
- Lotus Blaise Womens Wedge Heel Court shoes
- Nina Women's Rivka YS D'Orsay Pump
- GIY Womens Winter Warm Slip-on Suede Leather Plush Low Heel Boots Med Faux Fur Heighten Boots shoes
- Verocara Women's Pointed Cape Toe Mid Block Heel Genuine Leather Comfort Pump shoes
- Elsa Wilcox Women Lightweight Waterproof Outdoor Running Hiker Non-Slip Trail shoes Fashion Mesh Hiking shoes
- Steve Madden Womens TUF Leather Almond Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- Capelli New York Ladies Fashion Flip Flops with Gem and Rhinestone Trim
- Mens Leather shoes,Spring New Loafers & Slip-Ons Lazy shoes, Soft Sole Comfort Driving shoes,Formal Business shoes Office & Career,Black,44
- Lacoste Womens Carnaby Evo Wedge 317 3 Fashion Sneaker Sneaker
- Nike Men's Free Rn Flyknit 2018 Nylon Running shoes
- French Sole Women's Indy Black Naplak Flat 8.5 M
- HYPER ROYAL WHITE-DEEP ROYAL blueE-BLACK Nike Women’s WMNS Zoom Fly Trainers
- Women's Open Toe High Heels Dress Wedding Party Heeled Sandals
- Men's Dress shoes Formal Leisure Classics Pointed Toe Slip-On Oxfords Business Wedding shoes
- XIE Men'S Business shoes, color Patent Leather Hair Stylist shoes, Suit Suit Men'S shoes
- Nike Men’s Air Force Sneakers
- Native shoes Men's Jefferson 2.0 Liteknit Sneakers Light bluee in Size UK 8
- H By Hudson Men's Cruise Calf Chukka Boot
- Kenneth Cole Unlisted Rack Pack Womens Dressy Sandals Black 10
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Kam-NYC Fashion Sneaker
- Pretty You London Women's Bootie Slipper with Bow Detail
- Women's shoes Summer Sexy Pointed Toe Heels Stilettos Heels Open Toe for Dress Party & Evening
- Sam & Libby Women's TRUCE,
- Women's Wings Luxurious Stiletto High Heels Sexy Ankle Strap Sandals Ladies Party Peep Toe shoes Evening Prom Strappy Pumps,Nude-EU35 225
- Adidas Women's Deerupt Runner Originals Running shoes
- ELLIE 821-STAR 8 Heel Sandal
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.