With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Brown Official The North Face Hedgehog GTX Mid Walking shoes Mens Brown Hiking Footwear Boots
- Mr Z Waroom Sandals Summer Transparent Slippers Fish Mouth Thick with Heel Women's Slippers Summer Slippers flip Flops
- Weiwei Lady Summer Thick-Soled Slippers,Fashion Non-Slip High Heel Slippers
- QPGGP-Slippers Cotton Slippers in Autumn and Winter
- Athena Alexander Womens Dot Open Toe Clogs
- FYios Men's summer shoes, beach shoes, juvenile sandals, leather men's sandals
- LADIES WOMENS GIRLS NIKE FREE RUN RUNNING JOGGING GYM TRAINERS SPORTS SHOES
- LLP LM Men's shoes Casual shoes Work shoes Dress shoes Old Man shoes Driving shoes
- Onitsuka Tiger by Asics Unisex Tiger MHS Marzipan Marzipan Men's 10, Women's 11.5 Medium
- Cute Pink Pig Mom with Piggy Kid Women's Designer Lightweight Sneakers Gym Outdoor Running shoes
- Marc Defang New York Women's Sueded Material Pointed Toes 3 Working Evening Pumps
- Skechers Sport Women's Glider Fashion Sneaker
- Thin High Heels Open Toe Sandals Summer Platform shoes
- WeiPoot Women's Kitten-Heels Assorted color Buckle Open-Toe Sandals,EGHLH007116
- He-yanjing Walking shoes, Platform Sneaker,Young Fashion Casual shoes, Thick White shoes
- New Balance 373 Trainers in Navy and Silver
- Natural World Men's Safari Suede Bordon Chukka Boot Bordeaux
- Nike Suketo Mid Leather Black
- G By Guess Womens Dritta2 Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- Steve Madden Women's goldwyn T-Strap Dress shoes
- Frye Women's Brielle Back-Zip Dress Sandal
- STTXTM Beach Slippers Summer Leisure Beach Men shoes Leather Sandals The Big Yards Men's Sandals Size 38-45 Dark Brown
- Converse Chuck Taylor Double Tongue shoes in Black Red Grey (1V301)
- Mens adult Natural Leather Sandals Comfortable to Wear Durable and Non-slip Beach package toe Flip flop Summer Sports leisure shoes
- Brocade Pine Chaco Women's Z2 Classic Athletic Sandal
- Autumn shoes Magic shoes Nude shoes high Heel shoes Student Women's Casual shoes
- BIONGTY& Metal Decoration Women Sandals Summer Casual Comfort shoes Large Size Non-Slip
- Meijunter Womens Candy's color Pointed Toe 11CM High Heels Stilettos Pumps shoes
- Jack Wolfskin Men's Altiplano Prime Texapore Low M Rise Hiking shoes
- Ariat Men's Hermosa XR 8 Steel Toe Work Boot
- BININBOX Sandals Strappy Stiletto Heels Pumps with Ankle Peep Toes
- Efbj Mouse and Cheese Unisex Funny High Top Canvas Sneaker for Men and Women
- Adidas Women's NEMEZIZ 18.4 Firm Ground Soccer shoes
- Womens shoes Fall Winter Fashion Boots Stiletto Heel Pointed Toe Knee High Boots
- Julitia Winter Boots Women shoes Knee High Boots Round Toe Square
- Gnarly Tees Women's Scuba shoes High Top
- Dulce Diva Cow Leather Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Printed Slip On Handmade Pumps for Women Fashion
- MNX15 Women's Elevator shoes Height Increase 3.9 Cooper Green
- Coolemon Women Pumps Thick Heel Female shoes Pointed Toe High Heels Bow Ladies Party shoes Slip On shoes Black Plus Size 33-46 43
- Hush Puppies Mens Spectrum Open Fisherman Sandal Tan Size UK 9 EU 43
- Walking Cradles Women's Hartford Flat Sandal,
- Nira Rubens Woman's Martini White Leather Sneakers with Beige Heart
- Altra AFW1845F Women's Provision 3.5 Road Running shoes
- Northside Men's Lincoln Waterproof Rubber Boot
- NEW MENS LEATHER FORMAL BROGUE OXFORD SMART LACE UP OFFICE PARTY SHOES UK 6-11
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.