With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- - Church's Women's MCBI36906 White Leather Loafers
- Elegant Women's Girls 90s Vintage American Style Deep V-Tip Thick-soled High-heeled Green Casual Work shoes
- Adituo Womens Mens Water shoes - Perfect for Aqua Water Sports - Mesh Quick Drying - Lightweight, Comfortable and Breathable
- Vatiu Womens Leather Indoor Outdoor Fashion Summer Sandals
- Women Fashion Soft PU Leather Over The Knee Boots, Sexy Slim Pointed Toe Long Boot, Winter Warm Lady High Heel Stiletto shoes
- WangKuanHome Summer breathable canvas shoes trend board shoes men's wild casual canvas shoes men's shoes (color Black, Size 41)
- Puma Mens OSU NM-M OSU Nm-m
- bluee Brown Carved Gentleman England Men's Leather shoes Pointed Business Dress Square Root
- NIUMJ Patent Leather Pointed Men's Leather shoes European Men's shoes Casual Trend Wearable Lace-up shoes
- HANBINGPO New Pointed Toe Transparent Block High Heels Stain Yellow Pumps Escarpins Women Fall Spring Elegant Lady Office Party shoes,orange,8.5
- New Summer Women Sandals Handmade shoes Genuine Leather Flat Lacing Breathable shoes Hollow Soft Sandals
- CYBLING Women's Sexy High Heel Crisscross Dress Pumps Glitter Pointed Toe Wedding Evening Party shoes
- Shellys London Womens Grace Gladiator Sandal
- T-JULY Women Platform Sandals Woman's Gladiator Wedges Genuine Leather Open Toe Summer Casual shoes with Ankle Buckle Strap in White Black
- Womens Ankle Boot Pointed Toe High Heel Ladies Zip New Elegant Satin Boots,Khaki-EU 35=5.5B(M) US
- Reebok Women's Skylite Casual shoes
- Columbia Womens MeadowsTM Shorty Omni-heatTM 3D Mid Calf Boot
- Propet Women's Annika Slide Sandal Cayenne
- Women's shoes Autumn Retro Square Head Grandma shoes Shallow Mouth Flat Heel Single shoes Female
- Ted Baker Mens Tans IRONT Leather shoes
- CALLAGHAN shoes Woman Low Sneakers 13905 blue
- GAOJUAN Men Snow Boots Outdoor Sports Camping Hiking Work Combat Lace PU Breathable Low Top Desert PU shoes Boots
- LXIE Pakamo Men's Sports Sandals Athletic Outdoor Water shoes Fisherman Beach shoes Leather Velcro Breathable Strap for Trekking Camping, EU40
- Joma shoes Calf Boots TOP Flex Indoor Tops_807 Coral Calcetto Scarpa
- Parma Nairobi Mephisto Women's Helen Thong Sandal
- Bella Vita Women's Kody Boot
- 5Sheepgs Women's Casual Rivet Tassels Flat Rome Sandals
- Sunlome Fairy Pegasus in The Galaxy Print Women's Leather Tote Shoulder Bags Handbags
- Brooks Heritage Mens 110205-1D-010 Regent 11.5 D(M) US Men
- OTTO ZONE Moto Boots for Men Fashion Zipper-up Leather Chukka Boots with Fur Casual shoes OZ-5008-1-N
- Wallhewb Womens Ladies Bling Rhinestone Wedge Platform Flip Flops Sparkly Beaded High Heel Sandals Slip On Summer Sandals Skinny Dress Joker No Griding Feet Rubber Sole Sweet Black 7 M US Sandals
- WeenFashion Women's PU Peep Toe Solid Buckle High-Heels Sandals
- Ghapwe Women's Peep Toe High Heel Fashion Sandals Slippers Beige 8 M US
- PUMA Women's Modern Soleil Dance shoes
- Ellie shoes Women's 516-Lexi Engineer Boot
- Cliffs by White Mountain Women's Petto Ballet Flat
- FRAU - Suede - 47B2
- Nike Women's Dual Fusion TR 2 Print Cross Trainers
- CUNZHAI Women's Leather Loafers Round Toe Flats Casual Slip On Boat shoes
- FLYSXP Martin Boots Men's Autumn and Winter Plus Velvet Casual High-top shoes with Large Size shoes Men's Leather Boots Men's Leather Boots (color Black, Size 11 US)
- Adidas Counrty X Kamanda Mens in White Green Gum
- NCAA Womens Ladies 10 inch Oklahoma State University Gameday Boot
- Australia Luxe Collective Women's Hun SMU Boot
- Casual shoes, canvas shoes, fashion casual shoes high canvas shoes to help students,gules,Forty-two
- Adidas Men's Originals Adi- Ease Trainers in Core Black
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.