With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- - Prada Women's 1XX074 55L F0522 Leather Sandals
- AicciAizzi Warm Wedges Boots Women Hidden Heel Platform Boots Short Booties
- La Auténtica R906FP - Sports shoes Suede, Unisex Adult, Navy bluee - Yellow
- Women Lightweight Casual Sneaker Running shoes Chevron Arrow Prints
- Beautiful - Fashion Womens High Top Wedge Sneakers Fashion Hidden Heels Rubber Sole Mesh Breathable Canvas Walking shoes
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Deer Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Adidas M ID RF Striker Running shoes, Men, Men
- MUYII Men's Oxfords Leather Dress shoes Classic Modern Casual Lace-up Mens Non-Slip Comfortable shoes Formal Business shoes For Men
- Merrell Men's, Yokota 2 Mid Waterproof Wide Boots
- AllhqFashion Women's Zipper Round Closed Toe High Heels Pu Low Top Boots
- Cute Red Eyes Hamster On Pink Background Womans Camping Running shoes Hunting Gift
- GIY Women's Running shoes Athletic Breathable Sneakers Mesh Soft Sole Casual Non Slip Lightweight Walking shoes
- Ladola Womens Round-Toe Spikes Stilettos Zip Platform Solid Urethane Boots
- Reinhar Popular Women's High Heel Animal Prints Leopard Pump
- Superga Women's shoes Sneakers with Platform S0001L0 996 2790 COTW UP and Down Size 40 Black
- Minwind Men's Slip on Sneakers Breathable mesh Loafers Casual shoes
- Rieker Womens R1403 Liv 03
- DuraDrive Defender Men's 8 in. Ballistic Nylon Waterproof Composite Toe Metal Free Work Boots
- Vionic Alita Women's Ankle Strap Sandal
- 2018 New Unisex shoes Leather Fall & Winter Men Women Martin Boots Rubber Sole Non-Slip shoes Couple shoes Hiking shoes,C,44
- LYZGF Men Father Leather shoes Leisure Winter Zipper Cotton Warm
- Yythwxxd Outdoor casual shoes men's net shoes summer leisure sports lazy shoes breathable non-slip pedals hiking shoes (color Black, Size 40)
- Scholl - Bimini 2.0 708361 - Pale Pink
- Saucony - Jazz Original - Snekers Men
- Light Grey, Sky bluee Columbia Women's Redmond Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, Breathable, High-Traction Grip
- Lelehwhge Women's Comfy Round Toe Medium Wedge Heel Side Zipper Slouchy Mid Calf Boots Black 9.5 M US
- Can't be satisfied Women Slippers Winter Warm Soft Home Indoor Slippers Cartoon Flats Plus Size Women Slipper,Purple shoes,6
- GAOPF Women Sports Casual shoes, Lightweight Running shoes, Gym Sneakers,Fashion Breathable Mesh shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Low-Heels Solid Pull-On Soft Material Round-Toe Pumps-shoes
- Zanzara Owen Casual Soft Lace-up Fashion Sneakers for Men
- Kyle Walsh Pa Women Snow Boots Soft Warm Fur Waterproof Female Casual Ankle Booties
- U-MAC Women Low Heel Wedge Platform Sandals Slingback Fashion Retro Ladies Loafers Pointed Toe Sexy Party Dressy shoes
- Women Leatherette Peep Toe T-Strap Cork Espadrille Wedge EG30 - Black
- Ollio Womens shoes Ballet Light Faux Suede Low Heels Flat ZM1014(9 B(M) US, Mustard)
- T-JULY Women's Ankle Boots Pointed Toe Crystal Square Heel Slip on Dress Zipper Sewing Autumn Chelsea Boots women
- Geox Women's D Sozy Flat Sandal
- Air Jordan 1 Retro HIGH Mens Sneakers 332550-016
- Dearfoams Women's Patterned Knit Bootie
- Cactus Men's 7 7611 Honey Wellington Boot
- Santimon Men's Leather Cap Toe Ankle Dress Boot Non Slip Winter shoes Waterproof Black
- Rocky Men's 8 Fort Hood Waterproof Duty Boot-2049 Black
- GUESS Women's Talli Active Lady Leather Trainers
- QIDI Casual shoes Male Trend Black Movement Breathable Canvas shoes (Size EU39 UK6.5)
- Steve Madden Men's Fenta Fashion Sneaker
- Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star Low shoes
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.