With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- 1TO9 Womens Casual No-Closure Pointed-Toe Light-Weight Leather Pumps shoes MMS04792
- Superga 2750, Women's Low-Top Sneakers White
- Jifnhtrs Women's Platform High Heel Sandals Fashion Thin Heel Summer Party Office Sweet Sexy Footwears
- Nine West Women's ASTORIA9X9 Leather Pump, Light
- Bearpaw Women's Charlize Slip-On Ankle Boot
- Adidas ORIGINALS EQT Racing Adv shoes
- SK Studio Men's Leather Sport Fashion Lace Up Sneaker
- Gentle Souls Womens Troy Closed Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots
- FGFKIJ Hiking Boots Men Winter Warm Snow Ankle Boots Waterproof Sneakers Outdoor Boots Trekking With Air Cushion Casual shoes Size 39-44
- Men's Fashion Ankle Boots Casual Classic Metal Buttonhole Comfortable Leather Boots Cricket shoes
- RBB 2018 couple outdoor non-slip beach shoes wear wading shoes men and women models five-finger shoes
- Oudan sportsOutdoor Sports And Leisure shoes, Hiking shoes, Hiking shoes For Men And Women Breathable Big Yards (color Red, Size 37)
- TY03 MRxcff Luxury Red purple Pink Rivets Leather Women shoes Autumn Sexy Pointy Toe Women Basic Flats Evening shoes Women
- Caparros Women's Goddess Sandal 5.5M
- Altra Men's TIMP Trail Running shoes
- JOJONUNU Women Low Heel Slouch Boots
- Maxstar CO3-50 Dual Spandex 5cm Platform Slip-Ons shoes
- 1TO9 Womens Bowknot Round Toe Outdoor Apricot Patent Leather Pumps-shoes - 7.5 B(M) US
- TDA Women's Sexy Cross Strap Patent Leather Stiletto Sandals
- New Directions Womens Vsuw110380 Open Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- Flats Women's Casual shoes, Winter Warm Lace-up Wedges
- Pleaser Womens UNICORN-708 C M Sandals
- T-JULY Women New Spring Wedges Rocking Casual shoes Fashion Women Korean Wild Mesh Breathable Sneakers
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel D'Orsay Handmade Comfort Pumps shoes
- Ladies Booties, Casual Leather Thick Heel Round Head Knight Boots Low Help Zipper Women's Comfortable shoes (color Black, Size 38)
- Aerosoles Womens Teleport Ankle Boot
- Wrangler Wave Low Flower, Women’s Low-Top Sneakers
- GouuoHi Men Slipper Men's Casual Sandals in Autumn and Winter The Indoor Warm Faux Leather Padded Slippers for Men Black Brown
- Josef Seibel Womens pinklie 13 Leather Sandals
- MOA Women's MCBI33182 Black Leather Sneakers
- Leather Black DKNY Womens Henli Leather Studded Dress Sandals
- Women Pumps Women Platform Peep Toe High Heels Sandals Women Thin Heels
- ZHRUI Boy's Men's Soft Slip-on Round Toe Black Casual Spring Loafers UK 6 (color -, Size -)
- RUGAI-UE High heeled sandals with transparent toe sole, high heel shoes, and sandals.
- Men's Sneakers, Autumn New Men's Flying Sneakers Trend High-top Travel Casual shoes Running Men's shoes,b,41
- Clarks Men Dark Tan Leather 'Un Coast' Trainers
- Multicolor (Grey Pink 026) New Balance Men's Vazee Quick Multisport Outdoor shoes
- Somethingoods Dress Pumps 2019 Women shoes High Heels Sexy Pointed Toe Slip-on Wedding Office Patent Leather Free
- Smilice Women Fashion Block Heel Platform Laces Over The Knee High Boots White
- SANOMY Thick Plush Snow Boots for Women Waterproof Anti-Skid Winter Warm Down Ankle Boots, Side Zipper
- Ladies Trainers Air Cushion Slip-on Lightweight Running shoes Gym Sport Outdoor Walking Breathable Casual shoes Womens Knit Breathable Trainer Sneaker (color Black, Size 5.5 US)
- Cocey Women Ankle Platform Booties Black
- NOMIMAS Women's Mid-Calf Boots Solid Round Toe High Heels Internal Increase Delicate Snow shoes Female
- AIWEIYi Women's Thick High Heels Rhinestone Platform Sandals Leisure Slides bluee
- Zarbrina Woman Slides Sandals Patchwork Transparent Pearl Crystal Flowers Outside Beach Wear Wedges Platform Braided Heels shoes
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.