With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- BCBGeneration Women's BG-Mase B Dress Pump
- Hoxekle Women Knee-high Buckle PVC Rain Boots Non-Slip Tall Buckle Waterproof Water shoes Woman Large Shaft
- Lucky Womens Lk-Cahill Loafer Flat
- Giorgio Brutini Men's 17566 Oxford
- Sam Edelman Women's Danna Pump
- Adidas Adizero Tempo 9 Women's Running shoes - SS19
- ARA 12-34453-21, Women’s Lace-Up shoes
- Ellie Women's Starbright-608 Platform shoes,Clear White Plastic,12 M US
- Mens Trail Sandals Summer Trekking Comfort Offroad Leather Sandals Youth shoes Baotou Hollow Hollow top Layer Cowhide
- ASICS Unisex Adults’ GSM Fitness shoes
- Merrell Men's Annex Recruit Mid Wp Low Rise Hiking Boots
- Northside Mens Highlander II Mid Leather Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Merlot Leather Cobb Hill by Rockport Womens Cobb Hill Aria Ankle Bootie
- shoes Woman High Heels shoes Sandals Ankle Strap shoes Femme Footwear Thick Heeled
- Reebok Lifestyle Men's Furylite Refine Black White 4.5 D US
- Spring Autumn Women Flat shoes Casual Round Head Tassel Anti-Slip Loafers Leisure
- Water shoes for Women Men Quickly-Dry Beach shoes Summer Sneakers Comfortable Seaside Adult Swimming Soft shoes
- Martin s Single Thick with Short High Heeled Winter Boots Women Botas women 20180924,Black,38,C
- YooPrettyz Open Toe Floral Embellished Sandals Two Strap Foot Bed Slid Sandals
- Daniig Women Pumps Plus Size 34-43 Fashion Elegant Pointed Toe High Heels Wedding Lady Woman shoes Black Red bluee
- Pink-star Black Hot New Summer Peep Toe Ankle Strap High Heel Sandals Platform shoes Woman Charms Sandals
- GIY Women's Sexy Pointed Toe Ankle Boots Size Zipper Stiletto High Heels Party Wedding Pumps Dress shoes
- Btrada Women Fashion High Top Wedges Platform Sneakers Female Casual Large Size Canvas shoes
- Kirabon Women's High Heel Sandals Fashion Shiny Buckle Buckle High Heels (color Black and Purple, Size 35)
- T-JULY Winter Warm Plush High Boots for Women Mid Calf Snow Boots Ladies Waterproof Down Cloth Cotton Slip-On Casual shoes
- Escort Runners Women's Slip-on Walking shoes Lightweight Sneakers Comfort Athletic shoes for Outdoors and Tennis
- Men's Waterproof Leather Walking Boots,Plus Velvet Thickening to Keep Warm,High Rise Hiking shoes
- NIKE SB shoes DUNK LOW WARMTH BLACK IVORY GRAPE
- WLJSLLZYQ Fashion Casual Men's Boots Short Boots Korean feet high Help shoes Tide Boots
- Candice Cooper Apache, Women's Trainers
- Tan Cambridge Select Women's T-Strap Crystal Rhinestone Stretch Slingback Low Wedge Sandal
- Marited' bluee Anti Cellulite Medical Slimming Sandals Clogs shoes Natural Wood and Leather
- Men's fashion leisure canvas shoes, breathable canvas shoes, sport shoes,black,Forty-two
- Adidas Performance Men's Galaxy M Trail Runner
- Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Slip Men's shoes - 833564
- Adidas Men’s Barricade Club By1638 Sneakers
- - New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz V2 Nubuck Running shoes - AW18-8.5 Black
- Zarbrina Women Fuzzy House Slippers Winter Soft Cozy Cute Doll Girl Fluffy Home shoes Winter Warm Indoor Footwear
- Doginthehole Women Lightweight Mesh Sneakers Breathable Walking shoes Fitness shoes Casual Athletic Comfortable
- Oushizhaoming Fashion Lazy Slippers, Beach Non-Slip Garden shoes
- Anufer Womens Autumn Winter Block Heel Zipper Knee Boots with Fluffy Lining Adjustable Buckle Strap
- AmoonyFashion Women's Fabric Surface Low-top Solid Zipper High-Heels Boots
- Chunky High Heel Sexy Black Platform Sandal - 8
- SENERY Women Side Zip Thick High Heel Knee High Boots Winter Platform Fashion Thigh High Riding Booties
- WeenFashion Women's Pu Buckle Pointed Closed Toe Kitten-Heels Solid Pumps-shoes,AMGDX006859
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.