With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Black White Ombre Patent Jessica Simpson Women's Dalyn
- Zhaoyuanshishiyaoxiangbaodian Women's Flat shoes Pointed Slip on Comfortable
- Young Women Cute Plant Cactus Slip on Beach Sandals and Anti-Slip Shower Slipper Comfort Sandals
- Socofy Bohemian Sandals,Women's Metal Rhinestone Elastic Clip Toe Slip On Summer Beach Casual Sandals Green 10 B(M) US
- WeiPoot Women's Low-Heels Solid Buckle Pu Open Toe Sandals
- JIASUQI Womens and Mens Summer Outdoor Water shoes Aqua Socks for Beach Swim Surf Yoga Exercise
- Men shoes Suede Lace Up Plain Toe Work Derby Size 38To 45
- Adidas Men's Nemeziz 18.1 Fg Footbal shoes
- White Black Red DC shoes Men's Pure High-Top WC Hi Top shoes
- Minitoo GYMZ632 Womens Open Toe Kitten Heel Satin Bridal Wedding Applique shoes
- Robert Reyna Fashion Women Lace-Up Ankle Padded Collar Leather Work Boots Autumn Winter Ladies Booties
- Charles by Charles David Womens Tazz
- AllhqFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Open Toe Solid Buckle Sandals,FBULD013410
- Marc Fisher Trist 2 Womens Brown Fashion Ankle Boots
- Nine Seven Suede Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel Slip On Handmade Elastic Ankle Boots
- Womens Mens Boost Low-Top Sport Running shoes Fashion V2 Walking Casual Sneakers
- 2018 Men's shoes,Spring Fall Leather Casual Sneakers,Youth Sneakers, Lace-up shoes Casual Travel Comfort Trainers shoes
- Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Chunky Heel Flower Handmade Ankle Bootie
- Tasseled Black Stone Studded Flats Slip On Loafers Men Leopard Rivet Fringe shoes
- Scott 2017 Womens Road Comp Boa Lady Bike shoes - 251824
- Sandals Men's shoes Men's Sandal Comfort Breathable Slip Outdoor Beach Open Toe Slipper PU Leather Non-Slip Sandals (color Black, Size 10 UK)
- QIKAI Desert Combat Boots Spring and Summer Military Enthusiasts Outdoor Hiking shoes Men's shoes Breathable Non-Slip Walking shoes Tactical Tooling Sports shoes Military Boots
- Josef Seibel Men's Paul 04 Flatform Sandals
- Men's Driving Loafer Casual and Refreshing Premium Genuine Leather shoes with Soft Soles are Not Slippery Boat Moccasins Cricket shoes
- Tech Grey Black-white 2013-14 Barcelona Nike Little Boys Tracksuit (Navy) - Kids
- PilotageAuto Winter Home Sneakers Down-Cotton Casual Indoor shoes Pantufa Soft Plush Warm Slipper
- Material Girl Womens Blaire4 Fabric Open Toe Special Occasion, Red, Size 7.5
- Tretorn Women's Skerry Reslig Rubber Boot
- Jamrom Women Fashion Genuine Leather Mid-Calf Winter Boots Warm Faux Fur Lined Snow Boots
- Nike Men's Kyrie Flytrap Black Metallic gold Anthracite Size 9 M US
- T-JULY Casual Women Platform Sandals Cut-Out Flowers Ladies Slip on shoes Beach Wedge Slippers Genuine Leather Mules for Summer
- Zarbrina Womens Chunky Heel Sock Ankle Boots Fashion Sexy Pointed Toe Flock Short Plush Rubber Sole Ladies Elegent Party shoes
- Cool Sneakers Watercolor Mixed Paints Art color colourants Casual Plate shoes
- Open Toe Hollow Long Boots Wedges High Heels Platform Boots Gladiator Sandals Women Knee High Boot shoes
- Women Fashion High Heel Zipper shoes Suede Comfort Winter Long Dress Boot Lady Knee High Boots
- Premier Standard - Elastic Panel Knee High Boots - Low Heel Zipper Combat Stacked Heel Boots
- Liu guifang Stilettos Knee-High Boots Nightclub Stage Performance 19cm Thin Heels Platforms shoes Woman transparen Peep Toe Dress Pumps
- Red Tape Mens Brown Glaven Leather Boots
- Men's shoes Casual Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Flat Loafers Comfort Lazy Business shoes Spring, Autumn Black,Black,43
- Women's Winter Snow Boots Round Head Leather Flat with Boots lace up Bow Hair Ball Decoration tie Fashion Boots
- Badgley Mischka Womens Felicia Heeled Sandal
- Guess Women's Etten Platform Pumps Women's shoes 9.5M
- Outdoor Sandals for Men Breathable Summer Beach shoes Closed Toe Hook&Loop Strap Walking Hiking Fisherman Slipper Anti-Slip PU Leather Upper Cricket shoes ( color Khaki , Size 8 UK )
- Flip-Flops Outdoor Sports Sandalsone-Slip Slippers Outdoor Sandals and Slippers Summer Word Wear Outside Summer
- Keen Toddler Kalamazoo black yellow yellow black (Size 25)
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.