With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- bluee Nike Men's Air Jordan 5 Retro Basketball shoes
- Soulength Women's Open Toe Leather Sandals Summer Wedge Flat Ladies Dress Fashion Roman Belt Buckle Footwear(808-6,Brown)
- Betsey Johnson bluee Women's SB Dress Dress Sandal
- ZHENZHONG Women's Hiking Mountain Boots shoes Trekking Walking Sports Boots
- PATRIZIA Women's Miracle Medium Brown shoes
- Bravo Men Dress shoes King-2 Classic Wingtip Oxford with Leather Lining - Wide Width Available
- Clarks Men's Charton Vibe Oxford
- Nike Tiempo Natural IV LTR FG - Soar White
- Nike Free Trainer 3.0 V4, Men’s Gym shoes
- Cute Meow Cats Emoji Womens Flex Mesh Casual shoes
- T-JULY Women's Lightweight Oxfords shoes - Comfy Slip-On Low Wedge Round Toe Soft falt shoes
- Samuel Roussel 2017 Autumn Leather Women shoes Fashion Design Tenis Feminino Casual shoes
- PFMY.DG Women's Fashion Sandals, PU Flat Buckle Single shoes, Summer Leisure
- Tellusa Patent Leather shoes Woman Pointed Toe Women Flats Fashion Slip On Outdoor Ladies Flat shoes Plus Size 35-45 shoes women
- Pleaser Demonia Men's Trashville-502 Lace-Up Boot
- Artfaerie Women's Thigh High Over The Knee Boots Winter High Heels Pointed Toe Long Boots
- Victoria Basket Tejido Lurex, Unisex Adults’ Low-Top Sneakers Pink
- CADE Men's Leather shoes Martin Boots - Autumn Winter British Style Boots - Casual Business Office Lace Up Booties Ankle Boots
- Nike - WMNS Flex Trainer 5 Print
- Power Cushion 30 Badminton shoes-New 2018 Model-bluee Navy
- Women's Mid-Calf Booties Flat with Breathable Zip Winter Warm Waterproof Frosty Snow Boot
- Soft Non Slip Men's Athletic Sandals Breathable Closed Toe Leather Sandals for Summer Hiking Walking Athletic
- SELCNG Hiking shoes Outdoor Non-Slip Running shoes wear Large Size Walking shoes
- Nike Alpha Huarache 6 Bg Lax Mens 923418-101 Size 1 White Black-Black
- Classic Black Plaka Flat Gladiator Sandals for Women Sahara
- Moccasin Slippers for Women Flat Casual Comfortable Loafer shoes Womens Slippers Spring Moccasins shoes
- Ladies' Vintage Platform with Ankle Boots
- Sandals Women Wedge Platform Flip Flops Summer Bohemia Beads Slippers for Beach shoes Handmade,Black,41
- Armani Jeans Men's 935056cc510 Derbys
- Ariat Men's Rambler Recon Square Toe Work Boot
- Women's Buckle Leather Mules Moccasins Round Toe Slip On Flat Fashion Loafer shoes
- Yyixianma Women High Heel shoes Slingbacks Pumps Lady Sexy Pointed Toe Work Office shoes
- Hoohle Sports Womens Deep sea Dolphin Flex Mesh Roshe 2 Lightweight Stylish Cross-Country Running shoes
- Personality Canvas shoes Weaving Splicing color Women Casual Sports shoes ( color Pink , Size 37 )
- Women Walking Trekking Sandals Summer Lightweight Anti-Skid Wading Beach Water shoes
- Nine West Women's Antonecia Suede Ballet Flat
- Nike Women's Tri Fusion Run Low Top Fabric Running shoes
- Isola - Womens - Dedra
- Romika Men's Mokasso 202 G Slippers
- Lacoste Men's Ampthill Chunky SEP Fashion Sneaker
- Rieker Women's Mirjam 11 Mary Jane bluee
- Naturalizer Lorie Slip On Loafers, Inky Navy
- Liu Jo Women's BXX049PX003S13A1 Beige Suede Sneakers
- Lico Men's's Sierra High Rise Hiking shoes
- PASAJ Mens Comfy Lightweight Round Toe shoes for Mens Leather Loafer Flats Non-Slip Walking shoes（Black）
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.