With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Black Black Nike Women's Revolution 4 Sneaker,
- VIMISAOI Women's Summer Casual High Heel Peep Toe Sandals - Pull On shoes Comfortable Breathable Sandals
- Grasshoppers Women's Windham Suede Black
- Hanglin Trade Women Stiletto Sandals Cross Strappy High Heels Open Toe Bridal Wedding Party shoes
- Abby 1516 Womens Leisure High Top Inner Increase Wedge Low Heel Breathable Elastic Lint Over Knee Modern Dance Boot
- SoftScience The Tradewind Men's Slip On Athleisure shoes
- Josef Seibel Men's's Chance 39 Combat Boots
- Converse Ct 70 Hi, Unisex Adults’ High-top
- Black LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes Luxury Brand Men shoes New Breathable Comfortable Men Loafers Tassel Weave Men'S Flats Men Casual shoes S
- Women High Heel Flip Flops Summer Fashion Casual Platform Wedge Sandals Sea Beach Wedding shoes
- BalaMasa Womens Solid Cold Lining Mini-Size Urethane Sandals ASL05263
- Socks Boots Female Suede Boots Round Head Thick with Casual Ankle Boots Women Thick with Elastic Cloth Boots
- CYBLING Women's Vegan Suede Slouch Hidden Wedge Comfortable Round Toe Slip On Flat Heel Knee High Boots
- Jolly Womens from Polyurethane Synthetic-Clogs
- Bueno Women's Dolly Sandals in Moss Perf Taupe Lizard
- Womens's shoes Sandals Slipper Oxford Pointed Stilettoheel shoes Fashion Ethnic Style Ladies shoes for Casual Dress Party & Evening Sandals
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Gaige Sneaker
- Steve Madden Womens Brenda Sandal
- Tempur-Pedic Women's Airsock Thong Slipper Cream 10 M US
- Women's Booties, Flat Fashion Knit Splice Leather Booties Fall Winter Round Head Ladies Flat Heel Martin Boots (color A, Size 39)
- Franco Sarto Womens Kerri Suede Solid Over-The-Knee Boots
- Popular shoes Men's Driving Lok Fu shoes Boat shoes Soft shoes Non-Slip Style OX Leather Delicate Butterfly lace Causal Breathable
- Men's shoes Fashion Casual Lace-up Shock Absorption Breathable Sport Running shoes Sneakers,beige,40
- NIKE Men's Jordan Flight Luxe Bordeaux - Sail Ankle-High Fabric Basketball shoes 10M
- Red Fashion Ankle Boots, High Heels Thick with Low Tube Martin Boots Round Head Side Zipper Short Boots Waterproof Platform PU Women's Non-Slip Warm shoes
- Real Fox Fur Slipper Sliders Spring Summer Autumn Fluffy Fur Lady
- Gjsonmv Carnaval de menimur mask mesh Lightweight shoes for Women Summer Sports Volleyball Sneakers shoes
- Summer Flowers pu Fish Nozzle with a Flat Base and Versatile, Large Numbers Velcro Sandals
- Diadora Heritage shoes Basse Sneakers men grey (Trident_90_Loden)
- White Black White Fila Men Sneakers Formation
- GAO-GEN1 Crystal High Heels Sandals 11.5CM Women Zipper Glitter Cross Sandals Pump Woman shoes
- WeenFashion Women's Peep Toe Lace-up PU Solid High-Heels Sandals
- Funtasma by Pleaser Women's Gladiator Sandal Brown
- SEERTED bluee Daisy Flower Womens Slip On Sneakers
- Black Brown Melissa Womens Zen Clog
- Fergie Womens Ginelle Heeled Sandal
- Pleaser Womens Ado1021 Bpu M Boot
- Journee Collection Womens We Bazel Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots
- Women Sequins Open Toe Sandals Summer Roman Sandals Glamgoldus Ankle Strap Pumps Large Size
- Rosone Women's Breathable Fashion Walking Sneakers Lightweight Athletic Tennis Running shoes US5.5-10
- Lady Slippers Ladies Leather Home Interior Leisure Slippers Purple Medium Personality Creativity Leisure Elegant Soft Wild Tight Super Quality
- Rachel Zoe Womens Stephanie PEEP-Toe Heeled Sandal
- MARTINA Women's MART7536 Grey Suede Pumps
- Easy Go Shopping Fashion Sneakers for Men Low Top Walking Running Sport shoes Lace Up Casual Knit Leather Round Toe Anti-Slip Breathable Cricket shoes (color Beige-Breathable, Size 6 UK)
- Easy Go Shopping Sneaker For Men Athletic shoes Lace Up Genuine Leather Breathable Pure color Outdoor Leisure Cricket shoes (color Black, Size 8.5 UK)
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.